The Medicine Ball Clean is the ninth and final Fundamental CrossFit move.
When done correctly, this move works your hamstrings, glutes, thighs and core. It also helps develop your arm, shoulder and back strength.
That’s a full body workout!
Here’s a demonstration of a Medicine Ball Clean from CrossFit expert Julie Foucher:
Keep these positioning tips in mind when performing a Sumo Deadlift High Pull:
- Shoulder-width stance
- Ball between the feet with palms on the ball
- Knees in line with toes
- Shoulders over the ball at setup
- Lumbar curve maintained
- Hips extend rapidly
- Then shoulders shrug
- Then arms pull under to the bottom of the squat
- Heels down until hips and legs extend
- Ball moves over the middle of the foot
- Complete at full hip and knee extension with ball at the rack position
Practice this move and you’ll be on your way to perfecting your form.
Now you have mastered all 9 Fundamental CrossFit moves, you’re on your way to making the most of every single training session. The more you train, the faster you will see results, so come and see us in the gym very soon!
Need a refresh?: Check out Fundamental Movement #1 The Air Squat